Saturday, May 27, 2006

Convention; Day 1 (D.C.)

I arrived in Washington D.C. yesterday and this is my first morning of setting up for the 2006 Foursquare Convention. My flight was direct although some type of maintenance concern kept us on the ground in Seattle longer than expected. Immediately upon arrival Mike Fullerton had left me a voicemail and I rushed directly to hotel to meet the crew for dinner.

We went to a cool American cafĂ©/grill call Open City (I think) where I tried the odd combination of a Darjeeling tea and carnivore pizza (split with Steve B.). After checking in, Steve and I hit the town in search of X-Men tickets. We ultimately arrived in Union Station, thoroughly enjoyed the film and returned to ‘hit the hay’ at about midnight.

I’m really glad Kari’s arriving today. I don’t know what airline, flight number, or time but that’ll just add to the surprise.