Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Cycling season kick-off


P1020278.JPG, originally uploaded by bcdady.

On Saturday, I met with a large group of cyclists at Gas Works park for the first weekend of Cascade Training Series rides. I am beginning training for the Seattle to Portland (STP) ride in July.

I intended to catch a bus to Gas Works, but that didn't work out so I rode my bike about ten miles to the park, and then rode with the group to Seward Park and back (about 25 miles), so I logged about 35+ miles by the time I got back to Gas Works.

That's the most mileage I've put in on this bike (I just got it used in the fall), and I felt much better than I expected after ride. I had some time to kill before Kari came to pick me at the park after the ride, so I took some photos around Gas Works. Check out my flickr gallery to see the rest.

No comments: