Monday, June 19, 2006

My first day of school


I start my first class at UW today. Yes, I know it's summer, but I'm getting an early start on the year since Kari's still studying. I'm at the William H. Gates Hall law library right now. I went to the University Bookstore and bought my textbook, a new mechanical pencil and a 3 section, UW logo, spiral notebook. My class starts at 7pm so I've got some time before I walk across campus.

Kari agreed to hang out in the library till my class is out to give me a ride home. She's the BEST! She's studying real hard for the BAR exam and I know she's going to do well. I saw several other 'law student husbands' over the weekend at a baby shower and we're thinking of starting a support group. It's only another six weeks or so to go; after three years of law school, the end is definately in sight.

Not like my education. I'm just cresting the half way point, but it feels good to learn new things and have a sense of accomplishment. It can be hard to get that feeling from work sometimes.